You Know You’re a Freelance Copywriter If…
Freelance copywriters are a strange breed, aren’t they? Especially, the direct response kind.
With that in mind, I offer the following “Top 10” list.
You know you’re a freelance copywriter if…
- You write copy in your head while you’re driving, showering, and running errands.
- You feel a strange sense of exhilaration when a deadline approaches.
- You go shopping and find yourself analyzing how the store could increase its sales.
- You study great copy… only to wind up buying the product being advertised.
- You save junk mail — and then proceed to critique it.
- You flip through local ad magazines and mutter things like, “I can’t believe this. These guys are so stupid.”
- You start experiencing withdrawal symptoms if you don’t write for a few days.
- You could never hold a 9-5 job again because you’ve been spoiled by working from home.
- You know “swiping” and “bullets” have nothing to do with crime.
And last but not least…
- You think writing copy when other people are sleeping is normal behavior.
So… which one of these can you most relate to? Leave a comment and let me know. Thanks!
-Ryan M. Healy